Wednesday 28 January 2015

Trend report | Capes over coats

Happy new year everybody, and I must say that I'm disappointed in myself for not blogging any sooner but my life has been a whirl wind this past month with moving to sort out and being totally immersed with my work. But I'm back on schedule with my daily routine and I'm happy to say I'm able to fit in blogging Monday to Friday still!






Enough about my life, as I'm sure you all want to read what I have to say about a style staple - capes. Now by the title I do mean it both physically and litterally. Capes have been a huge staple this past autumn/winter in many high fashion wardrobes including fashion magazines and blogs. People have been obsessed, and yes I am too. They are a  timeless classic that can practically go with any outfit. But the problem I've had is the British weather, it can be unpredictable and when that wind hits, you are chilled to the bone. So I have discovered an amazing revelation that will keep me stylish in my cape yet super warm in my winter coat. Combine them, winter is all about layering it up so when you see that little pop of collar poking out of the top of the Cape, I reached a whole new world of fashion! I've been really enjoying wearing my M&S boyfriend coat with a plain unbranded woollen Cape thrown over the top, it looks classy yet warm. And I'm happy to say I've found my new clothing staple, a great way to mix it up is wearing a tartan Cape over a simple black leather jacket, so chic. 

So I hope you enjoyed my first edition post of a 'trend report' and I am wanting to do these more often so if you have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to leave me some! Have a lovely rest of the week and make it your week!

Post soon, 
Love Danielle xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Haute of Danielle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig