Wednesday 12 August 2015

Birchbox August 2015 | #beautyjunkie



As I got home from a long, rainy day at work, I stepped through the front door to a very welcoming sight, this months Birchbox! After last months summer themed extravaganza, I was very impatient for the next little beauty filled surprise to come through my letter box! 

About 5 days before I received the August box, I was notified via Facebook that this months theme was 'beauty junkie', and as we all know I am the biggest beauty junky around. So to my delight I was presented with 5 luxury beauty items from skin care to hair care.

Upon opening the box I was presented with their familiar booklet of product information and a nifty little emoji sicker sheet as an extra treat. Underneath, they included a more shallow yet thicker drawstring bag with the little goodies stashed inside.


Now onto the products. 

Kebelo clarifying shampoo -
This 50ml tube is a hefty sample to say the least, with a very fresh scent with ingetients such as seaweed and milk. This shampoo is supposed to rid your hair of any product build up, yet not leave your hair straw like with no moisture like most other clarifying shampoos. On their website it states that is can be also used as an 'invigorating body wash'. So I am very looking forward to trying this one out! Full size (250ml) RRP £13.95.

Rituals Fortune scrub in sweet orange and cedar -
Another huge sample this month of 70 ml and wow does this scream Autumn to me. The citrus, musky scent sends me straight to a vision of fallen brown leaves with a crisp breeze in the air. Rituals is a big brand that I, myself know and trust and I'm pleased to see it in the August box. Full size (150ml) RRP £10.00.



The Balm bronzer in 'balm desert' -
With another very well know brand in this months box, you can't help but be happy with this little guy. This warm toned, matte bronzer/blush has mostly natural ingredients with healing properties, so you can feel secure knowing that this product won't make you break out like most unfamiliar products you use. This sample has a handy magnetic case to keep it shut, which is fab for travel. And the size of it is great for on the go bronzer touch ups. Full size (6.39g) RRP £15.50.

Lord & Berry blush in 'Lotus' -
This dark red toned brown blush is perfect for the upcoming cooler months, and with a slight shimmer undertone its a great brightening product. It's a perfect sample size to fit into one of my mac pallets so it can be doubled up as an eyeshadow! Full size (4g) £18.00



Huygens exfoliating cream -
As a brand I'm not too familiar with, this Paris based company focuses on using mainly natural ingredients to help your skin where it needs work. This small pot is full of luxurious ingredients such as sesame oil, rice powder and green tea. With a thick grit formula, this scrub is great to use on your t-zone and even rough patches on your body such as your elbows and feet! A fab universal product that I can't wait to try out. Full size (50ml) RRP £17.90

L. Erickson grab and go pony -
This simple hair band is supposed to keep your hair in place with no movement and doesn't damage your hair due to the fabric outer layer. One accesory that I always seem to loose, so you can't go wrong with another hair band. Full size (15pcs tube) RRP £11.50 (colours to choose from: black and grey, beige and brown, blue and grey or pink and gold.



With another very successful month, this customer is very happy! Roll on September!

Post soon, 
Danielle xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Haute of Danielle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig