Tuesday 4 November 2014

The battle of the beauty advent calenders

For all of us beauty addicts when it comes to Christmas time (yes I did say the C word at the start of November!) beauty advent calendars are on the top of our lists to buy, and because there are SO many different varieties to chose from what better way to make your choice than with my top 10 picks for this year!

1. Candy coated countdown by Benefit Cosmetics. £60.00 
As we all know Benefit hits one of the top marks when it comes to christmas packaging, and with beautiful, luxury products you can't really say no. At a £60 price tag you get all your favourite Bene-goodies including benetint, highbeam and porefessional. You also get some little extra goodies like note pads and hair bobbles in this hamper, so all in all a good mixture of things. But at that price tag, I'm not sure if I'm biggest of a benebabes to splurge on that much.

2. No7 beauty calendar. £35.00
If your a big No7 fan, you will adore this. It comes with 24 mini sized products with quirky beauty quotes inside each door. It's supposedly worth a value of £135.00, so if your a fan, I would run out and get it. It also comes with a mixture of items including their iconic lipsticks to eyeshadows and even includes a few makeup brushes!


3. Ciaté Polish calendar. £49.00
If your a nail polish hauder you might faint over this one, a house shaped calendar with all of the famous colours hidden inside, it also comes with textured polishes and even tools. So if you swoon over nail art, this is probably your sole mate!

4. The Body Shop beauty calendar. £50.00
As a body shop fanatic this really tickled my fancy, it includes both skin care and makeup. So really does cover all grounds, and the great thing about this one is they send the proceeds of every holiday product purchased to the War Child charity to help children in need get an education. So it makes you feel good about yourself whilst enjoying your Christmas goodies!

5. Lush 12 days of Christmas. £49.99
Now I know this isn't technically an advent calendar but if you love your baths and you love lush, I'm sure you wouldn't mind opening a door every other day instead. It includes all the well known Christmas lush goodies and some online exclusive 'retro' items as well! So if your a Lush fanatic like my best friend Lucy from vintagesmilesxox is then you better snap it up before they're all gone!

So once everything is said and done, my decision was a hard one to make. I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money on an advent calendar but I also wanted something exciting enough to make me pumped up for Christmas again. Drum roll please... At the end of the day my heart lay with the No7 beauty advent calendar. The packaging stole my heart and the fact it has makeup brushes in too. Makes me as excited as child of Christmas Day!

I hope you enjoyed my advent calendar post, but at the end of the day If you can't afford a beauty advent calendar (because let's be honest, they're pretty pricey) you can always make your own at home, which I'll DIY for you sometime this month! 
Happy holidays 
Love Danielle xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'd love the get the Benefit one!

    (I've nominated you for the Leibster Award, feel free to check out the post here - JessicaGraceUK.blogspot.com)
    x

    ReplyDelete

© Haute of Danielle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig